- Once (2006)
- All the President's Men (1976)
- Being John Malkovich (1999)
- In the Year of the Pig (1968)
- In The Mood For Love (2000)
- Hole, The (1960)
- Tokyo Story (1953)
- Ocean’s Eleven Blu-Ray Review
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Gilda (1946)
- Rounders (1998)
- Masque of the Red Death, The (1964)
- Django Unchained (2012)
- Fat City (1972)
- Amélie (2001)
- All That Jazz (1979)
- Night of the Hunter, The (1955)
- King of Comedy, The (1983)
- Manhattan (1979)
- Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985)
- Sullivan's Travels (1941)
- Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, The (1994)
- Hecklefest Four-Word Film Reviews! August '12 - Week 4
- Playtime (1967)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- Haunted Castle, The (1921)
- Last Wave, The (1977)
- Naked Lunch (1991) * Weird and Wacky *
- Phantom Carriage, The (1921)
- Lolita (1962)
1001 Movies Club - Apocalypto (2006)
#1039. Apocalypto (2006)
Why It's In The Book: "As with both Braveheart and The Passion of the Christ, Apocalypto engages its audience with a combination of out-and-out melodrama and bone-crunching and bloody violence." -1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die
Squish - 9/10
"For [those] who felt that Gibson's brutally gory Passion of the Christ was just a little too drawn out and a lot too gratuitous, you'll find that Apocalypto... is far more 'fun', choosing instead to have more of an escapist undercurrent as opposed to presenting brutalities in hyper-realism."
Kim Wilson - 8.5/10
"Overall, what I liked most about the film is its simplicity. It's a treat to watch a movie where the plot is simple, the acting is natural, and the setting is not a product of CGI. In addition, I found the ending jarring, but in a good way."
Adolytsi - 8/10
"Say what you want about Mel Gibson, he’s a hell of a director."
Branden - 8/10
"This movie was very engaging for being spoken entirely in an ancient Mayan dialect."
Doug Tilley - 8/10
"Think The Warriors, only set in the 16th century."
Movie Guy Steve - 8/10
"Apocalypto is plenty violent as well, but the violence here all makes good sense."
Darwin - 7/10
"The pacing is heart-beating brisk and the camera moves as agile as a jaguar in a jungle."
alfindeol - 6/10